Velocity 2021 Saturday
Advisory Council & Emerald Ambassador
There’s never a dull moment with the amazing Shannon Carlin. She didn’t fail to disappoint on her awesome presentation on Promoting Events.
Here are some key takeaways:
Different types of events:
- Company Events Live and Virtual
- Regional Events Live and Virtual
- Opportunity Overviews
- Home Events
- Q Sciences Facebook Lives (Every Monday at noon mountain time on the Q Sciences News Facebook Page.)
Keys when promoting events:
- The art of edification.
- Emotional tie/story (Clicking moment). Shannon’s first event at Q was her big clicking moment. From that point on she swore to never miss another event!
- Have confidence on why they need to be there.
- Raise the bar from the beginning.
Shannon announced INSYNQ 2021 in Dallas Texas – the next major Q Sciences event. It’s going to be an incredible event and has already sold out!
“We all make sacrifices to come to events.”
Shannon couldn’t stress enough how important events are even though we all make major sacrifices to go to events.
She expressed the feeling of everyone at Velocity with this quote:
“We are in the right place at the right time.”
To wrap it up, Shannon had two more key takeaways:
Take advantage of every single moment.
Show up CONSTANTLY & CONSISTENTLY!
Advisory Council & Platinum Ambassador
Tarryn kept it sweet and simple with some invaluable knowledge about Customer Acquisition.
3 Ways to Acquire a Customer
Number 1: Sharing vs. Selling
Sharing = Emotional Connection
Selling = No Emotional Connection
Tarryn explained how important it is to develop an emotional connection when acquiring customers. You need to share and be an influencer instead of sell and just give basic facts.
How can you share the RIGHT way?
INVEST time and money in learning social media and branding!
SHARE, don’t EDUCATE!
Number 2: Show up and LISTEN
Tarryn explained that you need to LISTEN to potential customers. Hear a paint point and offer a sample. Samples are great if done correctly.
“Be a product of the product.”
Number 3: Rewards Program
To solidify long-term customer satisfaction, the Q Rewards Program awards points to Preferred Customers and Ambassadors based on the number of consecutive months an autoship order processes. These points them become redeemable for Q Sciences product.
Tarryn gave us an awesome example of the Q Rewards Program:
A Family committed to two years of $400 average per month of products would get $720 back each year to spend on Q products.
She also made this great point on Q Rewards: If you order the products you’re already buying anyway through an autoship, you now get free products that you can turn around and offer as samples to THE RIGHT people and in return get brand new customers and ambassadors.
It’s all about autoship!
Advisory Council & Black Diamond Ambassador
Mariel has been in the health and fitness industry for nearly 20 years. When she’s not training Pilates masters and personal trainers, Mariel is helping moms become millionaires! Here’s what our favorite fierce-mouthed fitness heroin had to say today:
Everyone likes TACOS (even vegans!)
T – THINK A – APPLY C – CHANGE O – OUTSTANDING JOB S – SHARE
Lead, don’t manage. Make every teachable moment count.
Affirm others, get over yourself and focus on others
Develop a GROWTH mindset, not a Fixed mindset
“Your mind is a garden; your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.”
Sharks are always swimming, or they die. You are a shark, keep swimming.
Advisory Council & Emerald Ambassador
Authentic Marketing Strategies for Social Media Success
Before Tara started killing it with network marketing, she was slaying on the dancefloor. That’s right: Tara is a professional dancer turned business guru and family woman. By telling her story today, we got the awesome opportunity to learn the following:
- In 2020, advertisers exceeded $40 Billion in spending. By 2022, advertisers are expected to spend over $56 Billion on social media promotions.
- What’s your social media strategy? “If success is limited to what we allow ourselves to achieve, why are we not using social media as a tool to succeed, instead of an excuse to retreat?”
Start from the inside out –
- Start with WHY – not WHAT, not HOW, but WHY. “People don’t buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe.” – Simon Sinek
- Realize your influence – embrace your personal power, lead yourself first, and garner emotional maturity. “Great leaders inspire action, they don’t manipulate people to act.” – Simon Sinek
- Who are you marketing to? All content must provide VALUE to your market.
- Social is your Store Front – use the right pictures, presets, filters, apps, lighting, etc
- Post using the 5 Pillars of Q (The 5 F’s) – assign Faith, Family, Finances, Fitness, and Friends to plan and theme your posts EVERY DAY
Here’s Tara’s Social Media Challenge: “I challenge you to use any form of social you don’t normally use. Lives, video, reels, etc. Use the hashtag #VELOCITYME2021
Marc was busy getting our Malaysia market open this morning! Here are some words of wisdom he shared:
As Betsy Collard said: “This is all about service, loving one another, and helping each other win.”
Finish the race: “When things go bad (and they will), there are no victims. Nothing can keep you from doing what you want to do.”
It’s not about me – it’s about WE. (Thank you, Cory!)
The Cost & Risk of Change
In 2020, we saw the world change in big ways. Q Sciences has been no stranger to change, and Jake showed us how so many big changes have improved our company in tremendous ways. However, was it free? No, because change comes with a cost: financial, emotional, mental, relational, you name it.
“The speed or rate of change PERSONALLY determines rank, team promotion and overall empathy and grace for others.”
Jake demonstrated immense vulnerability as he chronicled the journey he and Marc took to bringing Q Sciences into 2021 and the time, money, and relationships it cost them to get our company fully into their safe hands and prepared for more global success.