Our science and medical advisory boards are comprised of some of the most brilliant minds in the industry. Their talent and passion for improving health and happiness has enabled them to develop innovative, cutting-edge formulas and create proprietary technology that is second to none.
CHIEF SCIENCE OFFICER
STEPHEN KIMBERLEY, M.D.
Dr. Kimberley’s passion for creating innovative herbal and nutraceutical formulations stems from 30 years of experience as an internal medicine specialist in integrative and alternative medicine. For the past 13 years, Dr. Kimberley has served as Senior Editor for WebMD, the leading source of medical information on the web. In that time, he has developed over 50 diagnostic and health management tools and shared his extensive knowledge of natural ingredients and their powerful effect on wellness.
Dr. Kimberley received a graduate degree in neurochemistry and biology from the University of Oregon, a medical degree from the University of Oregon Health Sciences Center, and completed his residency in internal medicine at UCLA’s Kern Medical Center.
Marc Wilson, Q Sciences Founder, was introduced to Dr. Kimberly in 2012. At that time Dr. Kimberely was a senior editor a WebMD, and had been for the previous 12 years. Prior to WebMD Dr. Kimberely had been an internal medicine doctor. Dr. Kimberely was also a licensed Naturopath. The meeting was held in Portland, Oregon. The purpose of the meeting was to explore Dr. Kimberly’s ideas as to what a startup company might focus on if it truly wanted to make a difference in people’s lives today.
After several hours Dr Kimberly made the following statements, which ultimately set the direction of Q Sciences:
- Everyone today should be taking nutritional supplements. Everyone. So the question today is not should we be taking nutritional supplements, the question is which ones and from whom?
- Everyone should be taking nutritional supplements today because we don’t get sufficient micronutrients from our diets alone anymore. We are getting plenty of carbohydrates, proteins and fats in our diets. But if we are not supplementing, according to the RDA data, we are all severely deficient in the amount of micronutrients that the medical community believes we need each day to remain healthy, active, and strong.
- Research has always shown a link between nutrition and our physical health. Today the research is also showing a link between nutrition and our mental and emotional health. Could the astronomical rise we are seeing in the various mood disorders year over year be the result of the decline in our nutrition?
To emphasize his point Dr. Kimberely often asks to think about what you ate in the past 24 hours. If it was something from a wrapper, a box, a freezer, a microwave oven, or a fast food drive thru lane, he will tell you – plenty of carbohydrates, protein and fats, but very little if any micronutrients, the tiny amounts of vitamins and minerals we need each day that are so essential for our health.
Dr Kimberly’s conclusion:
- If you want to make a difference in people’s lives on a large scale, you should focus on nutritional supplementation.
- But if you do, you must do it right.
- There are many, many nutritional supplements in the market today, but generally it is “Shallow and Unimaginative” and could be and should be so much better if someone would just do it right.
In a matter of weeks from this first meeting Dr Kimberly was hired to develop a line of nutritional supplements. His charge was to spare no expense, to do it right, to create the best line of supplements in the world so that we might fulfill our objective – which was and is to make a difference in the lives of people and their families. Dr Kimberely was the first person hired by Q Sciences.
A few weeks after hiring Dr. Kimberely Q Sciences was introduced to a man named Tony Stephan from Alberta, Canada. As a result of tremendous tragedy and ongoing challenges, Tony had developed a micronutrient complex of 36 minerals and vitamins and amino acids in 1996 which proved ultimately to save his family.
In 1996, seeing the results with his family, people began asking Tony for some of the same for their families. Tony soon began a business selling this micronutrient complex, principally over the internet. After several meetings with Tony in 2012 Q Sciences obtained the exclusive right to market this same micronutrient complex on a worldwide basis in the direct sales channel.
This product, which Q Sciences named Q96, gave Q Sciences a world class flagship product that specifically and effectively addressed Dr. Kimberely’s exact concerns.
Q96 met all the criteria of a Q Sciences product: it was indeed quintessential, as evidenced by the hundreds of thousands of people it had helped since 1996. And it was backed by science. At the time in 2012 this product had been the subject of 22 medical journal publications. By 2017 that number had grown to 34. This was all 3rd party independent research, primarily by Universities throughout the world. Today this specific formulation of minerals and vitamins and a few amino acids continues to be the most researched micronutrient complex in history.